Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Brad Edwards Consumer Champion Award

It's hard to believe it's been almost 4 years since Brad Edwards passed away. The NewsChannel 4 family lost not only an esteemed colleague, but a dear friend. Simply put...Brad was the man...end of story! I can't say one bad thing about him...we all looked up to him, especially pup journalists like myself. I remember a day back in November of 2004...I was just 23 years old and still coming into my own as a live reporter. I won't bore you with the details of the evening, but the night was a total disaster. Needless to say I thought it was the end of the world. That evening, I didn't talk to no one...instead choosing to pout in my corner (pardon the pun...but I literally sit in my corner). I'll never forget how Brad pulled me aside the next day to make sure I was okay. He wanted to know how I was holding up...then offered up words of wisdom like no one else could, but Brad.

We miss Brad dearly! Physically, he might not be with us, but his legacy and spirit live on...both at KFOR...and the Attorney Generals office. After Brad died, state Attorney General Drew Edmondson decided to create a consumer champion award in Brad's honor. Sean Voskuhl, an advocate with the AARP, was the inaugural recipient and last year's winner was Judith Rice, a long standing advocate for Oklahoma families facing eviction. Edmondson is now asking the public to submit nominations to his office for next year's deserving recipient. You have until January 4th to get in your nominations. You can contact the Attorney Generals office or head to the In Your Corner page at KFOR.com to access the nomination form.
www.kfor.com/inyourcorner.com

Attorney General
http://www.oag.state.ok.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment